Sunday, December 7, 2008

Le Paris...Sacre Coeur...Notre Dame...playing at the park. (Also May 11th)

After seeing the Eiffel Tower, we attempted to find a restaurant that our French friend, Pierre, knew of. Unfortunately, he wasn't sure where to go....and we ended up getting a little lost. Instead, we decided to head to the Sacre Coeur, and then eat lunch after. Jen had always wanted to go play in a fountain in Paris, so after eating, that's exactly what we did!


Getting lost in Paris!


At the metro stop for Sacre Coeur.

In front of the church.

....and again.

We ended up losing Jess due to her lack of sleeves on her dress. At the entrance, they wouldn't let her come in. However, she got to peak her head through the curtains and see the inside. It took about a half hour to locate her....ended up she was waiting just to our right.

At the restaurant. Although my face contradicts it, I got a super good traditional french platter here....!

Ratatouille advertisement....in french.

Notre Dame.

Making our way to the park.

Gorgeous park.

Playing in the fountain.



Abbey and I.

Posing.



After a long day of site seeing, we headed back to the hostel and rested. I slept for a good two hours....and the girls thought I was dead. They tried to wake me up for twenty minutes, but I wouldn't budge. Finally, I got out of my deep sleep and got ready to go eat dinner.


For out last night in Paris, we went back to Champs de Elysee to eat and attempted to go up the Arc de Triumph, but unfortunately it was closed.
Goood bye Paris!


My trip to Paris was unforgettable. Even writing this made me think of how much fun I had. It could not have been spent with better people! Thank you ladies for the memories!!!

2 comments:

Brittiny said...

I love looking at all the amazing history that are in each of your pictures. It must be such an amazing feeling to be around things that have been there for so long. Just imagine how many people have been in those places ages before you were there.

J'net said...

Those FRENCH people are SUCH their own style!!
Looks like you found the FUN places to hang and take pictures!
Yeah, there IS a dress code even at OTHER churches, amazingly enough!! We went to a temple over here that is being built, NOT mormon... and we had to have our legs covered!! I got to wear a sarong!!
Aloha