Sunday, December 7, 2008

Le Paris...ode to the Eiffle tower. (May 11th)

Throughout the trip, we had only seen the Eiffel tower from a far. From the plane to Champs De Elysee...you can see this thing everywhere. It wasn't till our last day that we actually got close enough to touch it. We started at about 11....and by then, the line had wrapped around and around and around the building. I really wanted to go up...but was unfortunately the only one...and decided to bag the idea once I saw the line. Instead we took loads of pictures and walked around the park.



Jess and I holding her up.











Carson had the idea of jumping. I thought it turned out cute.






Lite up!
Again, really cool to see something that you have heard about your whole life. I can't believe how massive the thing really is. Right before I left for Paris, I had a dream that I went to the Eiffel Tower, and it was only high enough to reach my knees. By no means was this the case. I was a little disappointed to not have gone up...but this is my justification for going there again someday!

No comments: