Friday, November 14, 2008

Vienna, Austria...February 22-24, 2008

Vienna was AMAZING. I got there on a Friday night and was sick on the plane...first time ever. I think I was stressed out because of my Visa....or I ate bad vegetables. I went with three other Au pairs and stayed ten minutes from the city. It was TONS of fun and a good welcome trip into my adventures. Jessica, one of the Au pairs, had studied in Vienna before and knew a friend through church...so we stayed at his house. They were terrific tour guides....we didn't have to look at the Shoestring book once! I recommend this city to anyone who is into history and buildings. Seeing where Hitler made a speech to the Viennese at the Habsburg Palace was quite an experience. All in all, it was a GREAT trip!


The girls and I at Stephansdom.


We met up with one of my friends friends. He met her on his mission but she is originally from Austria. Fun, fun!


The Schloss Schonbrunn. The Hasburgs' summer palace....Mozart played for the king in one of the rooms here.




On the Metro. I was still a little sick at this point.

3 comments:

Brittiny said...

I am so glad that you are finally doing this for everyone to see your now many adventures. It looks like a blast thus far... I love and miss you like always!

Isaac said...

I am referred to merely as a nameless friend? I don't even get my name on this? That's cool...I see how it is.

Isaac said...

oh and I should get credit for taking that picture of you in SF China Town. Otherwise I'm taking you to copyright court--I think this exists....